Friday 10 December 2010

Funeral Poems verses quotes - The Power of Poems to Comfort the Bereaved

Funeral poems verses messages wishes and greetings about bereavement, condolence, for and to the dead, the deceased, remembrance, unborn children or babies, lost loved ones,people who have died.Included are poems about the loss of the life of mom, mum and dad, parents, spouses, husband or wife or best friends, grandmother, grandma or nanna and granddad, brothers, sisters , teachers


Funeral poems verses:Number1(Emily Dickinson)

Because I could not stop for Death He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves And Immortality. We slowly drove, he knew no haste, And I had put away My labour, and my leisure too, For his civility. We passed the school where children played, Their lessons scarcely done; We passed the fields of gazing grain, We passed the setting sun. We paused before a house that seemed A swelling of the ground; The roof was scarcely visible, The cornice but a mound. Since then 'tis centuries; but each Feels shorter than the day I first surmised the horses' heads Were toward eternity.

Funeral poems verses:Number2
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)
Funeral poems verses:Number3

The sun kept setting, setting still;
No hue of afternoon
Upon the village I perceived, --
From house to house 't was noon.
The dusk kept dropping, dropping still;
No dew upon the grass,
But only on my forehead stopped,
And wandered in my face.
My feet kept drowsing, drowsing still,
My fingers were awake;
Yet why so little sound myself
Unto my seeming make?
How well I knew the light before!
I could not see it now.
'T is dying, I am doing; but
I'm not afraid to know.


Funeral Poems, verses

Funeral Poems, verses, quotes