Wednesday 10 March 2010

Birthday poems

Welcome to Birthday Wishes which brings you free to use birthday greeting material in the form of poems, sayings, messages, one liners, quotes suitable for sending to friends and family ranging from children's growing up years

Birthday poems:Number1

For you, my love, the happiest of birthdays!
Let this be a day your soul shall sing,
Rejoicing in the pleasure that this one day
Must to all who love you surely bring!
You, who give so much, should now be taking
What affection a poor soul can show.
Understand this little fuss I'm making
Is only what one mortal can bestow,
Touched by love too beautiful to know.
Feel free to substitute any other salutation (dear Dad, sweet sister, etc.)
If from more than one person:
What affection we poor souls can show.
Understand this little fuss we're making
Is only what we mortals can bestow,

Birthday poems:Number3

Happy birthday to a special friend.
All my love to you this precious day!
Part of me knows just what I should say;
Part perhaps some deeper word would send.
You're the strand on which I silent write
Before my dreams are swept far out to sea.
In you there's room to canter and run free,
Restoring my lost sense of space and light.
To me you are a place where I can stay,
Hanging out to watch the rush of time,
Drawing in the sand a lazy line
Along which I can go my own sweet way.
You are my sun and shade, my bread and wine.


Birthday poems:Number4

To Ellen, lady of such grace
As well might grace a husband's life;
Whose gentle Quattrocento face
Conveys the wisdom of the wife.

As well might grace a husband's life,
She has a way with words, whose wit
Conveys the wisdom of the wife
Obliquely, bit by subtle bit.

She has a way with words, whose wit
Works patiently, as dawn will come
Obliquely, bit by subtle bit,
Till even fools can see the sun.

Works patiently, as dawn will come
To bring the dark sky's dreams to light,
Till even fools can see the sun
Restore the joys long lost to night.

To bring the dark sky's dreams to light,
Whose gentle Quattrocento face
Restores the joys long lost to night?
To Ellen: lady of such grace!

Birthday poems:Number5
What unsuspecting miracle
Has passed through his first year?
Has circled round the smiling sun
To sit before us here?

What angel changeling changed our lives
Since he arrived from heaven,
Bringing home the ballyhoo
That rounds the gates of Eden?

What bright eternal soul have we
Since taken into time?
Have welcomed into weeks and days
Still stunned by the sublime?

What love has love brought to this world?
What joy has pleasure wrought?
For this, our celebration, sings
Of far more than we sought.